PAIN PERDU RECIPE
Our best remedy for the onset of winter is to prepare comforting recipes. Goat & Honey Quiche, Mango Chutney Lacquered Chicken, Oatmeal Pear Jam Cookies, Passion & Kalamansi... this time we launched into a recipe full of beautiful childhood memories: French toast.
Whether you use stale bread or brioche, French toast is an easy and quick recipe to make. The only indication: make it by the minute to enjoy it still warm!
Ingredients for French toast
For 4 people :
- 8 slices of brioche
- 30 cl of milk
- 10 cl whole liquid cream
- 4 large eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 35 g butter
- 1 vanilla bean as an option
- The jam of your choice
The steps of the recipe
- Boil the milk in a saucepan and add the scraped vanilla pod (optional).
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Meanwhile, let the milk cool down.
- Add the cooled milk, cream and sugar in the same bowl with the beaten eggs. Mix vigorously with a fork or whisk.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Once the pan is hot, soak each slice of brioche in the milk and egg mixture. Then cook the slices on each side until they are lightly browned.
- Serve the slices still warm and serve them with the jam of your choice.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator