PINEAPPLE AND STRAWBERRY JAM RECIPE
How about some homemade strawberry and pineapple jam? First of all, don't hesitate to read our previous article on the essentials to know for a successful homemade jam.
Ingredients for 4 jars of 200g :
- A 500g tub of strawberries
- 1 victoria pineapple
- 400 to 500g jam sugar
- A large, thick-bottomed saucepan (e.g. pressure cooker)
- A wooden spoon
- A skimmer
- A paring knife
- A toothed pineapple knife
- 4 empty jam jars
The steps of the recipe
- Run the strawberries under water and remove the stems. Cut them into pieces the size of what you like! (If you don't like the pieces, you can mix the jam at the end of cooking);
- Cut off the top of the pineapple, and remove its skin (with all the little eyes). Cut the flesh of the pineapple into pieces;
- Put the fruit and the sugar in a thick-bottomed, and sufficiently large pan (here, the pan is a little small, but my large pan was already taken!);
- Cook over high heat and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes while stirring;
- Skim the foam on the surface (it's very good to eat too!);
- Blend with a hand blender if you don't like the pieces (here, we left the pieces to be eaten with dairy products);
- Pour the boiling jam into the jam jars (tip: use a pitcher so you don't put it everywhere and fill the jars 2 mm from the edge);
- Close with the lid and turn the jars upside down. Leave them to cool and run them under water to remove any dripping.
Well done! You have just made your first pots!
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)