STRAWBERRY JAM WRAP
To celebrate Moms as they should be, there's nothing like a gourmet and seasonal recipe! Strawberries are in the spotlight on our Mother's Day table with this delicious Organic Strawberry Jam and Mascarpone Cream Wrap on the menu.
PS: it is also very, very good for snacking.
For the sponge cake
- 4 eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of fine salt
For the cream
- 250 g mascarpone
- 10 cl liquid cream
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
For the trim
- 1 large handful of strawberries
- Our Organic Strawberry Jam
The steps of the recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the mascarpone and the liquid cream in the freezer.
- Start by preparing the sponge cake. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Blanch the egg yolks with the sugar. Add the flour and baking powder and mix.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt. Gently add them to the previous preparation.
- Spread the dough on the baking tray covered with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes at 180°C.
- Moisten a clean tea towel and lay it flat on the work surface. Remove the biscuit and turn it over on the cloth. Wrap the biscuit around itself without removing the cloth. Leave to cool.
- Prepare the mascarpone cream by mixing the mascarpone cream and mascarpone in a bowl. Beat until smooth. Add the vanilla sugar.
- Unroll the cooled biscuit on the worktop and spread a thin layer of organic strawberry jam and then the mascarpone cream. Place a few fresh strawberries cut into pieces lengthwise.
- Roll up the biscuit, tightening it well. Set aside in a cool place and enjoy at dessert or snack time.